My Past Is Still Trying
It's right behind me. I know that it's reaching for me.
Demon.
I hear it snicker. It taunts. It pokes. My past sees that I am leaving and I can tell that she misses me already. It plays It's tricks and trys and trys to catch me.
Sometimes it fails.
Other times it's close.
But I am running. I'm running as hard as I can. I'm hoping for the runners high soon.
I've had a good job offer get rescinded due to mine and Lillee's history. She's still hurting me after I've left and tried to help her. They don't realize that I was gone once before. The NCO came after I was gone. And when she reached out after the fact, I responded. I should have hung up that phone.
Though I loved her so.
At least I think I did.
More and more I feel I used her to distract myself...
From myself.
I was selfish. Maybe I still am.
But I can't worry about the past now. And perhaps just by writing this, the past is close to snatching me up.
I am so close. And I know once I get over this first phase of the journey.....
I'll be gone forever.
Something do you hear me?
I need a little help.
Toss ya ol pal Butterfly a bone this week.
-Butterfly
Comments
Post a Comment