I Fucking Did It!!!!
Life...
5 weeks.
6 interviews.
1 offer rescinded.
But it only takes 1 right? Today I was hired on the spot with a company I had previously applied to. This was a job I actually wanted before fully understanding how desperate my situation truly was. I burnt my boats after all.
Last month when I went in I was told that the position had just been filled.
Something you sick mother FUCKER!!!
Though wait.... I happened to see the listing was posted again. So what do you have to lose when you have either lost everything or have thrown all that can be thrown.... far far away.
Rejection? I've already been rejected by the love of my life. What could be worse than that?
So I applied again. And while I was looking for an air pump so I could ride the 11 miles back home I received a call.
Yet another interview...
Today marks the second successful completion of the three parts in phase one of The Break Away Experience 2.0.
The dream.
I am officially an employed man. This is an outside job with bennies and raises.
Just one more hurdle to leap before Phase 2 can begin.
Something... oh Something you beautiful saint. You breeze on a hot day. You soaring hawk on a cloudy day. You bring me peace.
And you really are Something.
I believe in you. Whatever "you" are. I believe in Something.
I ask often if you hear me. I believe that you do. I contemplate your existence, and though I forget, though I'll choose again to ignore it, the Something that you are is awesome with mystery. Why was this so hard? Probably because the victory tastes so much sweeter after a war.
Thank you.
My feet are cold wading in this river. But the air is an oven.
So it's nice.
Thanks for that too.
For this.
For all of this.
Thank you. I am so grateful for this new life that I'm not even upset about eating shit on my bike directly before writing this.
And Lillee... if you ever see this...
I'm still rooting for you.
But you know that.
-Butterfly

Comments
Post a Comment