Freedom.

 "Freedom Over Comfort".

I remember this motto now. Back from the BAE 1.0.

Freedom.

Freedom.

To walk and skip. To joke and flirt. To be me and feel no guilt. To untie the mask and watch it fall. 

Ha! Let it shatter! I watch it Break Away into a hundred million pieces and blow with the wind. 

Today when I walk I believe it is with purpose. And the only person I need to impress is me. No longer a slave to the opinion of others. Like me or hate me. I.... do.... NOT.... care! 

I think often of my motives. My motives now. My motives back not too long ago. And I start to recognize my silliness. Unique? Special? A man on a mission? These were things I portrayed to the world. 

But the world never fell for it. 

I see my attempts and I wonder. Were they attempts at all? I just filled my life with the easy options. I had no balls. I allowed the world to call me crazy, sick, a fool. 

A fool I was. 

I allowed this. 

Today I have the power in my own hands to create a real life that satisfies me. 

I think if I refuse to give up.... that on the day that I die... I'll be proud of who I was. 

Until that moment.....

Forward. Always forward. Never back.

-Butterfly 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What this blog and "The Break Away Experience" is truly about.

Intro to My Journey

God... Fuck you, and lemme ask