Dear Chaos,

 I found myself chasing a tweaker yesterday. Oh how this life feels so ridiculous to me. The man was chasing a child right through the park.

"Run fat boy. Run!"

He flipped me off. I flipped him the bird right back. Yea fuck you too buddy. He then tried to push a bicyclist off of his bike. I called the police. And I never found the child. 

My friend was threatened by a tweaker yesterday. The guys pants were falling down and the man was challenging the room. More like the world really. He wanted a fight and he's lucky he didn't get one. My friend is a US Army vet. He's a chill person. Though I wouldn't like to see him snap.

I woke up today. That is a good thing right? Sometimes I wonder. Though I was relieved the nightmare I had last night was only a dream, the yelling in the dorm reminded me that reality at times...

Is a terrible thing. 

Chaos. Oh chaos you are so familiar to me. I used to love you so much. You made me feel strong. We were so close, you and I. So it can be hard for me to say this. It can be so hard. I mean, you were there throughout my entire life. When I was alone, I could still hear you through the walls, the trees, across the street from me, right by my bush, my box, my bunk, my cell, my room, my car, my hospital bed. Day or night.

When I was alone. There at least was you in one form or the other. You kept me out of my head.

When I was alone...

there was always you. 

So it is hard for me to say goodbye. 

But goodbye. 

You are a persistent lover, and you hold on tight to those who feed you. I must admit...

You are a lot like me.

It was you who raised me after all.

My mom was too drunk. My dad was too scared of my mom. My sister was too autistic. My brother was too broken.

It was you who taught me everything that I know after all.

But goodbye old friend. Thank you for making me strong. 

However, I can take it from here.

 Your time in my life is reaching it's end.  And I am happy to say the curtain is crashing down on you. May it shatter your spine. May it destroy your ability to sneak towards, scream at, and chase down my soul.

You create shells out of men. I've seen your art. 

And I refuse to be another masterpiece in your portfolio.

You made me strong enough to survive this life.

 You made me strong enough to survive my choices.

And now I'm strong enough to walk away from you. 

This time I swear I will never seek you out again. You are no friend. You are my foe.

I won't give up in this war against you. And I owe you nothing.

Thank you for the lessons.

But farewell. 

-Butterfly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What this blog and "The Break Away Experience" is truly about.

Intro to My Journey

God... Fuck you, and lemme ask